Yovich & Co. Weekly Update - 14 January 2013
Jan 14, 2013 | Commentary
This Weeks Themes
- The Christmas period saw global markets rally with the U.S. fiscal cliff being averted and expectations that 2013 will be another good year for equities.
Investment Outlook for 2013:
- All the major economies are focused on stimulus.
- The European Central Bank is committed to doing whatever it takes to preserve the Eurozone.
- The US Federal Reserve has entered into an open-ended commitment to support economic recovery.
- Importantly for global economic growth there are clear signs that Chinese growth is stabilising following the change in leadership.
- Relative to bond markets, equity markets continue to incorporate a significant allowance for risk.
- Low interest rates should continue to support equities provided that risks remain contained.
- In such an environment we favour stocks providing attractive and secure dividend yields.
Brokers’ 2013 Hottest Picks – Herald Article:
On Boxing Day The Herald published the list of top picks from some of the large brokers, the lists were all different but there were a few stocks that were most common amongst the brokers. The most common picks were Ryman Healthcare, Diligent Board Member Services and PGG Wrightson which we are also positive on. Others that we are also positive on that were mentioned by some of the brokers include A2 Corporation and Sky Network Television. Here are my notes on these stocks:
Weekly Update Investment Shares Bonds Market Commentary RYM.nz DIL PGW ATM SKT DIL.nz RYM PGW.nz ATM.nz SKT.nz