Yovich & Co. Weekly Update - 10 June 2013
Jun 10, 2013 | Commentary
This Week's Themes
• The slide in equities continued into June with the local market slicing 1.5% off the value of the main Bourse.
• The Aussie market got hit with the largest sell of the year last week as selling in the resource sector weighed on the wider market.
• U.S. markets had a good week, despite sliding into the weekend as job numbers increased but slightly disappointed.
• The Euro markets were weaker as the European Central Bank abstained from announcing further stimulus measures.
• The USD rally continues as talks of the US Fed Reserve slowing down Quantitative Easing heat up.
Recent and New Listings
Snakk Media (SNK.nz):
Snakk Media was founded by Derek Handley, an entrepreneur who successfully sold his previous start up, the global mobile marketing and media company The Hyperfactory in 2010. SNK listed on the NZX on March 6th 2013 with the stock price quickly reaching 40 cents on the first day but has since fallen to around 13 cents. SNK offered shareholders the opportunity to buy more shares at 12 cents through a Shareholder Purchase Plan in May. The purpose of the offer was to raise $2 million to fund expansion into new regions, growing the sales team, adding new technology and exploring strategic investment opportunities. The offer was significantly oversubscribed with applications of over $7.5 million received.
Wynyard Group Limited - Initial Public Offering:
Wynyard Group has registered their listing document with the regulator and seeks up to $70 million in their Initial Public Offering to fund growth and to buy the Intellectual property off their parent company, Jade Software. Below is a description of their business, if you are interested in receiving more information about Wynyard Group, please let us know and we will keep you informed of the listing.
Wynyard Group was launched in 2012 as a division of Jade, a NZ software company with a 30 year history. It is located in NZ, Australia, US, Canada, UK and United Arab Emirates. Wynyard's software products manage and mitigate risks of governments, financial institutions and national infrastructure from global threats, crime and corruption. Industry growth is strongly driven by increasing demand for risk management, increased financial regulations and compliance, greater use of technology in law enforcement, proliferation of cyber crime, collection of large/complex data sets ('big data'), government austerity and popularity of cloud based services (computing services which are in a remote location and accessed over the internet).
Shares Commentary Investments Weekly Update Market Snakk Media SNK.nz Wynyard Group Limited WYN.nz