Yovich & Co. Weekly Update - 15 July 2013
Jul 15, 2013 | Commentary
This Week's Themes
• The rally in the markets gained momentum as Ben Bernanke back tracked on the comments that he made a few weeks ago, saying that the tapering of stimulus is going to be "later" as opposed to "sooner".
• The New Zealand market has now rallied 5.8% since the bounce that started in late June.
• The Australian market shook off lower commodity prices to follow all other markets up and post its biggest weekly gain since April.
• European equities followed the markets across the Atlantic upwards.
• The Dovish comments from the Federal Reserve and a good start to the reporting season pushed U.S. markets to all time highs.
• The Kiwi rallied against both the USD and AUD on the strength of the local economy.
Broadband, Data and Smart Phones.
The number of internet connected devices in New Zealand already equates to three per person and that number will continue to grow as everything from Cars to Cows becomes connected. That was not a mistake, yes, Cows. The "Internet Age" has redefined how we interact with each other through social media and how we consume and gather information and our reliance on connected devices will continue to deepen. Driverless cars have already driven millions of kilometres without incident and there is also the development of technology to monitor cow location and health through a connection to the internet. There is no doubt that the tech sector will continue to be a source of high growth opportunities. Attached is a summary of a few of the tech related companies that we are following.
shares investment commentary weekly update bonds market telecommunications technology